Election Commission of India launches ‘Voter Turnout’ mobile app
Business Insider India/Screenshots from Voter Turnout mobile app
Election Commission of Indiaannounced the launch of the ‘Voter Turnout’ mobile app on Android during post poll press conference of the second phase of the general elections in India.
- The app is free to download for all users in the Google Play Store.
- The app shows the estimated turnout of voters by state, gender and polling constituency.
Users have the option of looking up the voter turnout according to specific states or individual polling constituencies. And, the Election Commission explains, users will also be able to filter data according to gender and phases over the next few days.
The app has a neat interface and is pretty straightforward to use. Once the
The bottom left widget allows the user to choose between how they’ve like to view the aggregate voter turnout out — either by state or polling constituency.
The bottom right widget gives the user the option to view the voter turnout statistics individually for states, polling constituencies and assembly constituencies.
Clicking on a particular state shows the overall estimated voter turnout for the area as well as the voter turnout at the constituencies within the state.
So now, rather than wait on media outlets to deliver the news or stalk online publications, Indian citizens can keep updated which how the polls are performing directly through the Voter Turnout app.
Popular on BI
- Most secluded places in India to visit in 2023
- Relieve constipation naturally with Indian foods: A guide to digestive health
- Less than half of JSW Infrastructure’s IPO subscribed on day 1
- Big unlisted companies may come under tighter regulatory norms
- IndianOil unveils India's first green hydrogen-run bus that emits just water