German savings startup Raisin raises €30 million from VC linked to Trump's son-in-law
Raisin raised the Series C funding from Thrive Capital, which is founded and run by Kushner. Kushner is the brother of Jared, a key President Trump advisor and husband to Ivanka Trump.
Silicon Valley's Ribbit Capital and London's Index Ventures, both existing investors in Raisin, also took part in the Raisin round.
The investment in Raisin takes the total raised by the three-year-old firm to €60 million. Raisin announced last month that over €2 billion has been invested across its platform by more than 60,000 customers.
Jared Weinstein, a partner at Thrive Capital, says in a press release announcing the funding: "We are proud to support the incredible team at Raisin as they continue to build on their success providing the leading marketplace for savings across Europe."
Raisin says in the release that it will use the new funds to continue international expansion, launch new localised versions of the service in markets such as Italy, and to launch new simple investment products.
Tamaz Georgadze, cofounder and CEO of Raisin, says in an emailed statement: "Our goal is to continuously strengthen Raisin's innovative proposition and to become the go-to-marketplace for all Europeans for their savings and investment needs."
- Credit Card Industry and Market
- Mobile Payment Technologies
- Mobile Payments Industry
- Mobile Payment Market, Trends and Adoption
- Credit Card Processing Industry
- List of Credit Card Processing Companies
- List of Credit Card Processing Networks
- List of Payment Gateway Providers
- M-Commerce: Mobile Shopping Trends
- E-Commerce Payment Technologies and Trends
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round