Germany got some terrible economic news
German industrial production figures were unexpectedly poor on Friday.
Production fell 1.1% month-on-month in September, against analysts expectations of a 0.5% rise. The figures measure the output of German factories and mines.
Here's the chart for industrial production this year. It's hardly what you'd want from the powerhouse economy of Europe:
Germany's export industry has been hit hard by the slowdown in China and other developing markets this year. German factory orders dropped sharply in September, falling for the third straight month, in data released on Thursday.
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- India’s central bank imposes ₹1 crore penalty on the country’s biggest lender
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Amazon's campaign encourages customers to thank its associates and share their happiness with frontline teams
- Brazilians bought more than $4 billion in cryptocurrencies this year as the country looks to regulate Bitcoin
- If you are a pensioner, you can submit Jeevan Pramaan sitting at home — Here is what you need to do