Germany got some terrible economic news
German industrial production figures were unexpectedly poor on Friday.
Production fell 1.1% month-on-month in September, against analysts expectations of a 0.5% rise. The figures measure the output of German factories and mines.
Here's the chart for industrial production this year. It's hardly what you'd want from the powerhouse economy of Europe:
Germany's export industry has been hit hard by the slowdown in China and other developing markets this year. German factory orders dropped sharply in September, falling for the third straight month, in data released on Thursday.
Popular on BI
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore