Goldman Sachs analyzed 60 earnings calls and arrived at these 4 critical themes that are shaping the corporate landscape
- A new Goldman Sachs report detailed four key themes observed across second-quarter earnings calls.
- The report includes statements from 60 members of the S&P 500.
- Company executives frequently mentioned the US-China trade war, increased pressure against profits, slowing global economies, and recent interest rate cuts.
- Visit the Markets Insider homepage for more stories.
Second-quarter earnings season is all but wrapped up, and a bevy of earnings calls detailed some commonalities across industries.
Company executives highlighted four main themes during second-quarter calls, according to a Goldman Sachs report. Commentary from 60 members of the S&P 500 focused on the US-China trade war, increased pressure on margins, global economic growth, and lowered interest rates.
Here's what companies said on these four topics, along with some specific company examples.
Get the latest Goldman Sachs stock price here.
1. Minimizing trade war impact
2. Greater pressure on profits
3. Concerns around slowing economic growth
4. Boosted leverage from interest-rate cuts
- Female African elephants evolved toward being tuskless over just a few decades as poachers sought ivory
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- Federal Bank is offering internships for fresh graduates — Check out stipend, incentives and other details
- Best smartphones with 90Hz display under ₹20,000 in India
- Best 2.1 channel soundbars in India
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best multi-pin charging cables in India
- India vs Pakistan at T20 World Cup — Where to watch the match