Goldman Sachs is battling to contain a rare but contagious flare up of mumps on the trading floor
- A number of staff on one of Goldman Sachs' trading floors showed signs of mumps this week.
- The Wall Street investment bank has been telling staff to get shots or visit the firm's health center if they didn't receive the vaccine during childhood.
View all Offers
- 45% OFF
Levi's Solar Power/Brilliant White Graphic Printed Sweatshirt (58868-0006M_M_Yellow)₹ 2299₹ 2299Buy On
- 68% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Men's Parka Coat (12512Q_Black_Large)₹ 899₹ 2725Buy On
- 78% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Women's Parka Jacket (88406AZ_Peach_Large L)₹ 2899₹ 2899Buy On
- 46% OFF
Allen Solly Junior Boy's Cotton Sweatshirt (ABSS31901810_Orange_5-6 Years)₹ 1299₹ 1299Buy On
- 60% OFF
Allen Solly Women's Synthetic Sweatshirt (AHSTCRGFP10505_Navy_Large)₹ 749₹ 1499Buy On
Goldman Sachs is battling to contain a rare but contagious flare up of mumps after a few employees contracted the disease.
Employees on one of its trading floors showed signs of the disease this week and the firm told people to get shots or visit the firm's health center if they didn't receive the vaccine during childhood, according to a person with knowledge of the matter who asked to remain anonymous discussing internal conditions.
Goldman's health center was administering the mumps vaccine for free on Friday.
A Goldman spokeswoman declined to comment.
Mumps is caused by a virus and considered quite contagious. Symptoms usually involve fever, headache, muscle aches, exhaustion and reduced appetite, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Those signs usually give way to a swelling of the salivary glands, puffy cheeks and a swollen jaw, according to the agency's website.
Before a vaccination program started in 1967, about 186,000 cases were reported in the US each year, according to the CDC. Now, most children receive the vaccine in a series of shots, with one given in the first year of life and another administered around the time they begin school. Since the program began, there's been a 99% reduction in the incidence.
Even so, outbreaks do still occur. In 2014, members of the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team came down with the disease. And in the developing world, where some of Goldman's employees were born or spent their childhood, vaccination programs are much less comprehensive.
Get the latest Goldman Sachs stock price here.
- Best fashion and beauty deals during Amazon sale
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best audio deals on headphones, speakers
- GST on salaries? A new ruling can cause a lot of confusion and litigation
- Nykaa's rival Purplle raises $38 million from Pantaloon’s CEO, Sequoia
- Hyderabad first Indian city to host Formula E, an electric car championship
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022