Google confirmed that Samsung is unveiling its foldable smartphone - before Samsung had the chance to unveil it
Google vice president of engineering Dave Burke announced on Wednesday during Google's Android Developers' Summit event that the company has been working with Samsung on a foldable smartphone, according to Variety.
Essentially Google officially announced Samsung's long-awaited foldable smartphone before Samsung, or at least that Samsung is unveiling it on Wednesday.
Google's event was partly to reveal that the company has developed Android to support foldable smartphone designs.
Samsung's and Google's events are happening at the same time, but Samsung is seemingly saving the foldable smartphone announcement for later in its keynote.
Samsung's foldable smartphone isn't a secret. Rumors and confirmations about the device have been released over the years. Samsung also said we should expect details on the device during its November Developers' Conference on Wednesday.
Get the latest Google stock price here.
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- All that you need to know if you are travelling to the UK
- Indian financial system steadily maturing, as it moves away from banks, says RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das
- Spotify set to overtake Apple Podcasts by the end of this year: eMarketer
- Bitcoin scammers used Apple's iPhone 13 reveal to steal $69,000 from fans
- Mirror, mirror on the wall; when will you stop judging us all: asks Taapsee Pannu in her latest ad with SUGAR Cosmetics