Google finally reveals what the 'M' in Android M stands for: Marshmallow
All the speculation about what the "M" stands for in Android M, Google's next mobile operating system, can finally come to an end: it's officially "Marshmallow."
View all Offers
- 70% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Women's Parka Coat (W109Q_Deep Ocean_Large)₹ 1899₹ 1899Buy On
- 79% OFF
Yash Gallery Women's Plus Size Cotton Gold Print Anarkali Kurta (Blue)₹ 839₹ 3499Buy On
- 66% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Men's Parka Coat (522_Black_XXL)₹ 937₹ 2525Buy On
ONN Men's Solid Cotton Thermal Top Thermals_OT031_L_1PC_White_L: 100-105 cms₹ 407₹ 479Buy On
Amazon Brand - Inkast Denim Co. Men's Regular Polo Shirt₹ 519₹ 1599Buy On
A Google developer tweeted this marshmallow-adorned Android statue to announce the news.
And we have Marshmallow, folks! Repeat, we have marshmallow! pic.twitter.com/7ne07U86nG- Brandon Jones (@Tojiro) August 17, 2015
Google first announced Android M at its annual developer conference back in May. A big focus in the new iteration seems to be making app permissions easier to understand.
Google's vice president of engineering Dave Burke said smartphone users will no longer have to agree to permissions they don't want to.
Android Marshmallow should be released in the next few months, but you can also sign up for a developer preview.
- Coffee Day Enterprises stock climbs 70% in 7 days
- Affiliate Marketing Specialist, Media Buyer and Strategy Associate among India's fastest-growing jobs, as per LinkedIn
- Tech Mahindra has made its 8th acquisition in 10 months, but all that may not be enough to drive growth
- 10 themes that define how consumers are preparing themselves for 2022 as per Kantar
- 8 in 10 Indians are looking to switch jobs in 2022