'Playlists' might not just be for music — but for gaming as well
- Google announced that it's working on a playlist feature for games at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2019.
- The 'Play Games App Playlists' feature is meant to improve the discovery experience for users when they're looking for new games to play.
- It's an extension of the Instant Games feature that Google Play Games launched last year.
Google announced that it has plans to bring that same discovery experience to gaming with 'Play Games App Playlists' on Mobile Developer Day at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2019 in San Francisco today.
Imagine, in the future, being able to click ‘play all’ on the new and updated section of the store and having an experience like this, where you can go from demo to demo to demo until you’ve found something you love to play. Think about how different that experience would be when you’re looking for a game.
At the same event, last year, Google introduced the Instant Games feature to Google Play Games that has seen five times growth in sessions over the past six months, according to the company.
Ben Frenzel, Google's product manager for Google Play Instant said the company was looking to expand beyond Instant Games only being a 'part' of the discovery experience to being ''the' discovery experience.
Frenzel did not specify when Google plans on rolling out the new feature but did say, “The Play Games App on the store will continue to invest, to iterate, and experiment with concepts like these (Play Games App Playlists).”
The company also has a 'Big Reveal' planned for tomorrow's session where it's expected that Google's plans for video games will finally be unveiled.
Google's ambitious plan to push into video games is about to be unveiled: Here's what we know so far
You can try to catch Carmen Sandiego in Google Earth's throwback to the original video game
Microsoft just accidentally revealed its plans to expand Xbox Live to more platforms, and it could help break down longstanding barriers in the gaming industry
Everything we know about the next Nintendo Switch, which may arrive as soon as this year
- Toyam Sports Limited signed up as title sponsor for India tour of Bangladesh
- Deadly Covid variants still transmissible between species, finds study
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024