Google Is Building Up A Strong Team To Tackle Artificial Intelligence
"We are thrilled to welcome these extremely talented machine learning researchers to the Google DeepMind team and are excited about the potential impact of the advances their research will bring," Google's VP of Engineering, Demis Hassabis writes.
So what exactly is Google trying to do with artificial intelligence? Well, that's not entirely clear yet. DeepMind's website says it's using machine learning and systems neuroscience to build "powerful general-purpose learning algorithms." Whether it will build something new with those algorithms, or bake them into its current projects, like self-driving cars or giant robots, remains to be seen.
- Delhi PWD forms COVID-19 support group for employees, their kin
- COVID-19: Maha adds 6,875 cases; 219 die, 4,067 discharged
- WB: Amid surge in COVID-19 cases, total lockdown imposed in all containment zones
- 16 new COVID-19 cases Chandigarh, tally reaches 523
- Most models focus on how virus behaves, not other factors: Health ministry on MIT's COVID-19 study