Google just revealed what its next version of Google Glass will look like, and it's aimed at business workers
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
But its successor, Google Glass Enterprise Edition, a project now run by Nest founder Tony Fadell, is alive and well and apparently getting ready to be officially announced.
So we gather from new photos of the device that Google just sent to the FCC, as first spied by Stephen Hall at 9to5Google.
Fadell took over Glass earlier this year. He's a hardware veteran who hails from Apple and joined Google when it bought his smart thermostat company Nest for hundreds of millions in 2014.
While the device doesn't look very different from the previous Explorer versions, one big new thing is you'll now be able to fold Google Glass. It also better hardware, Hall reports, with an Intel Atom processor, better battery life, better WiFi, and improved heat management. There's also a rumored external battery pack that will magnetically attach to Glasses.
Google has lined up a bunch of developers to write special Glass for Work software apps for it, for areas like healthcare, training, manufacturing.
Google hasn't yet revealed what it plans to charge for them, but generally speaking, it can charge more to enterprises which will use them for business purposes than it can for a consumer gadget. Explorer, if you recall, cost $1500.
Here are the photos. It still isn't very fashionable:
- Hackers are using a new fake chatbot trick to steal your data — here’s how to keep yourself safe
- Google's Imagen can use text to make images, paintings, CGI renders using AI — here are some pictures
- New India Assurance net profit drawn down by huge operating loss in the health insurance segment
- LG’s rollable OLED TV finally debuts in India, priced at ₹75 lakhs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction