Google made a 'Star Trek'-inspired wearable - and then killed it
Singhal told TIME that he had "always wanted the pin" that Captain Jean-Luc Picard, the character played by Patrick Stewart, wore in the series and so Google built it. "You just ask it anything and it works. That's why we were like, 'Let's go prototype that and see how it feels,'" he said.The device, which has never been discussed publicly, was activated with a single tap and could be used to give voice commands to an Android phone.
According to TIME, Google regularly cites "Star Trek" and the film "Her" as its goal for building wearables that are activated purely by voice.
- Macrotech Developers IPO — here is how to check share allotment status
- PL 2021: Here’s a look at how Punjab Kings vs CSK play against each other
- Goa and Gurugram recorded highest single day of covid 19 cases today
- Wipro fears it may lose its employees to competitors as there is an explosion of IT jobs
- Citibank to exit consumer banking business in India