Google Makes An Aggressive Move On Your Desktop
Don't let the name throw you - apps have long been available for
Chrome Apps is all about elevating the utility of
Some of the well-known favorites are here, of course - Pocket, the handy read-it-later mobile app, for example - but these apps are created specifically for Chrome. They speak the browser's native language, so to speak, so this enables Chrome Apps to do some of the nitty-gritty heavy lifting associated with "more legitimate" computing. They can communicate with your webcam, USB ports, and even Bluetooth devices.
It's a big step for the Chrome operating system, which runs on special laptops called Chromebooks and is essentially just a Chrome Web browser. One of the biggest criticisms of the Chrome OS is that you can't store apps on the machine like you can with Macs or PCs. This new update fixes that.
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- India is home to a great diversity of faiths: US
- Uniparts India IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW