Google Will Donate 2X Whatever You Give To Fighting Ebola
The campaign will last until Google raises $7.5 million. The company will also donate $10 million right now to support nonprofits such as InSTEDD, International Rescue Committee, Medecins Sans Frontieres, NetHope, Partners in Health, Save the Children and U.S. Fund for UNICEF.CEO Larry Page also writes that his family foundation will be giving an additional $15 million. Advertisement
The matched-donations will go to a fund called Network For Good, and then it will be distributed evenly to four nonprofits fighting Ebola in Africa. 100% of people's donations will go to these funds.
This campaign comes shortly after Facebook launched its own donation campaign and Mark Zuckerberg and his wife donated $25 million."Our hearts go out to everyone whose lives have been touched by this tragedy," Page writes.
- India at forefront of vaccine development: Modi
- How music has become the real social connector, and technology has helped democratize music in today’s digitally connected world
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump versus Biden — Here’s what the result of the US election could mean for India
- EXCLUSIVE: Why Tata Motors CEO is not worried about Musk's Tesla coming to India
- Chinese soldier strays across the border — detained by India , to be released soon