Google's Actual Cloud Platform made us laugh out loud
That's right. Google has a created a breakthrough technology that has turned those fluffy white things that rain and snow into a data storage and compute platform.
Or as Google puts it, "Now, you no longer have to make a choice between high availability and high altitude."
Google's April Fool's video on Actual Cloud is an intellectual gag for geeks, particularly for people who write code, or (in our case) for people who write about writing code. It made us laugh out loud a bunch of times.
Best line: "It's faster. It's scalable. It's more secure. And most importantly, it looks like a real cloud."
The gag is even funnier when you think about Google's real not-an April-Fool's-joke Project Loon, that actually has turned the sky into an Internet connection. Project Loon involves floating balloons into the atmosphere to bring the internet to the farthest corners of the Earth.
But Actual Cloud takes that concept to a whole new stratosphere. Take a look:
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP