Google's Android Auto is about to get a lot better
At the conference, new Android Auto features were being shown off on a Maserati Ghibli that was modified by Qualcomm. Basically, it had a very Tesla-like info screen setup. Both the gauge cluster and the center stack were taken over by two massive screens that were running a software called Android Auto N.Cars that have the ability to run the Android Auto N software can have their screens, like the two in the Maserati, completely taken over by the Google software. AM/FM radio functions, air conditioning controls, and other basic features will also be able to be controlled through this software.
It's unclear what the procedure might be to install an application like that on older cars.Google said at during its presentation that Android Auto N software likely won't be in cars until 2017. But cars that are already equipped with Android Auto tech are expected to get upgrades later in 2016. Those updates will include things like Waze integration (finally), voice control by saying "OK Google," and the ability to connect phones to Android Auto via Wi-Fi, instead of by just using a USB cable.
Apple CarPlay better step it up.
- 5-star rating refrigerator (fridge) in India
- Best soundbar with Dolby Atmos in India 2021
- Best soundbars with a wireless subwoofer
- Myntra signs up Hrithik Roshan, Vijay Deverakonda and Dulquer Salmaan as its newest brand ambassadors
- Google is now using Chrome as an added security layer for account sign-ins