Google's Smart Watch Is Still Months Away
Google's official release date for the watch is mid-to-late March, but TechCrunch sources say that that date will probably either get pushed back or the watch will ship incomplete.
Previous reports about Google's smart watch have hinted that it will be integrated with Google Now (a smart, personal assistant that comes with all new Android phones), have a full-color digital display, and act as an Android phone accessory, not a standalone device.
Although an early prototype of the watch had a metal band, TechCrunch sources say that Google's first watch will ship with a plastic band.
This news also comes hot on the heels of Samsung's announcement that it will launch two new fitness-tracking smart watches in April.
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Durex takes down its latest social media post on the bus scene from Netflix’s Sex Education after internet users call it ‘insensitive’
- Three reasons why this might be a good time to buy Bitcoin
- Sony ZV-E10 vlogging camera with interchangeable lens launched in India
- US, India, Japan, Australia to sign pact for stepping up chip production, reduce dependence on China
- Here’s how to schedule an email in Gmail