Great Leaders Are Also Great At Telling Their Life Stories
"The key with your career and life story is to weave in: your upbringing, achievements, and what are your true values and beliefs, your ups and downs and your mission. Throughout the story you should be bringing out the true you and your personality."
Tappin says you need to tell this story in two to five minutes. Think of it sort of like an elevator pitch to help you connect with others.
Your story needs to incorporate:
1. The start point: My quest, my destination.
2. My achievemets and failings.
3. My values: Inspiring
4. My beliefs: “There is always a way.”
"To make this concrete, I would like to use a real-life example, and share with you the longer version of my own story. It is partly written in note format to indicate how you should shift it about and pick out the appropriate elements for the occasion."
Want your business advice featured in
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days
- IPO-bound OYO acquires Denmark's holiday home chain Bornholmske Feriehuse
- Sensex rallies 580 points, buoyed by intense buying in IT, bank stocks