Great Leaders Are Also Great At Telling Their Life Stories
"The key with your career and life story is to weave in: your upbringing, achievements, and what are your true values and beliefs, your ups and downs and your mission. Throughout the story you should be bringing out the true you and your personality."
Tappin says you need to tell this story in two to five minutes. Think of it sort of like an elevator pitch to help you connect with others.
Your story needs to incorporate:
1. The start point: My quest, my destination.
2. My achievemets and failings.
3. My values: Inspiring
4. My beliefs: “There is always a way.”
"To make this concrete, I would like to use a real-life example, and share with you the longer version of my own story. It is partly written in note format to indicate how you should shift it about and pick out the appropriate elements for the occasion."
Want your business advice featured in
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- OPINION: Experts’ guide to understanding the role of DeFi in digital finance
- OpenSea is returning the millions users lost due to a bug
- Indian crypto exchanges, influencers fall prey to hacks promoting crypto scam
- Brands celebrate Republic Day with patriotic fervour
- OPINION: Tax consolidation schemes is the need of the hour for India’s renewable energy sector