Great Leaders Are Also Great At Telling Their Life Stories
"The key with your career and life story is to weave in: your upbringing, achievements, and what are your true values and beliefs, your ups and downs and your mission. Throughout the story you should be bringing out the true you and your personality."
Tappin says you need to tell this story in two to five minutes. Think of it sort of like an elevator pitch to help you connect with others.
Your story needs to incorporate:
1. The start point: My quest, my destination.
2. My achievemets and failings.
3. My values: Inspiring
4. My beliefs: “There is always a way.”
"To make this concrete, I would like to use a real-life example, and share with you the longer version of my own story. It is partly written in note format to indicate how you should shift it about and pick out the appropriate elements for the occasion."
Want your business advice featured in
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- iPhone with under-screen Touch ID could take even longer than expected
- OnePlus 2.0: OxygenOS and ColorOS to merge into a unified OS starting 2022
- Here’s what experts have to say about Cadbury Dairy Milk’s latest ad that has taken the internet by storm
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- SBI Cards, Adani Ports, HCL Tech and other top stocks to watch out for on September 21