Grimes and Elon Musk have been spotted together for the first time since the SEC filed a lawsuit claiming that Musk falsely claimed he would take Tesla private at $420 to amuse his girlfriend
- Elon Musk and Grimes were spotted on at a pumpkin patch with the Tesla founder's five sons over the weekend.
- This is the first time the pair has been seen together in public since the SEC sued Musk for making false or misleading statements about taking Tesla private.
- The SEC suit claimed the Tesla founder picked the $420 per share price point to take Tesla private to amuse his girlfriend.
- Musk also has refollowed Grimes on Twitter, after a period of flip-flopping on his follow.
Tesla founder Elon Musk and indie pop singer and producer Grimes seem to have reconnected.Musk and Grimes, whose real name is Claire Boucher, were caught on camera visiting a pumpkin patch with Musks' five sons in Los Angeles over the weekend.
In mid-August, Musk set off a dramatic sequence of events for Tesla when he tweeted that he was taking the company private at $420 per share. The filing stated that Musk claims he calculated the $420 price point based on a 20% premium on the day's closing share price, which resulted in a price of $419."Musk stated that he rounded the price up to $420 because he had recently learned about the number's significance in marijuana culture and thought his girlfriend 'would find it funny, which admittedly is not a great reason to pick a price,'" the filing reads.
Representatives for Elon Musk and Grimes did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
NOW WATCH: Why silk is so expensive
- Pakistan may resume import of cotton from India, says Report
- Google may introduce 'Wear OS screen recording' tool, says report
- Researchers develop new data transfer system ten times faster than USB
- Ayodhya's Ram Temple collects nearly ₹2,100 crore funds for its construction, says associated Trust
- Increase public health care budget in Maharashtra: Activists