GST Bill expected to be implemented next year: Morgan Stanley
AdvertisementWe might soon see the much awaited bill on
The global financial services major said in a research note that market expectations with regard to passage of the GST bill have waned. "Therefore, the passage of the bill in the upcoming sessions would be viewed positively."
In recent times, investor expectations regarding the passage of the GST bill, have waned due to a logjam in the Upper House.
"GST has the potential to benefit large companies as their warehousing costs decline and tax liabilities level off with unorganised players," the report said adding that investors are focused on the new GST law, so its clearance could be important to equities.
Meanwhile, Finance Minister
Jaitley said he will be holding talks again with the Congress leaders so that the bill could be taken up in the Monsoon session.
The GST Bill, though approved by the
(Image credits: indiatimes)
Popular on BI
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days