Guess what? You can still use Paytm even if you don't have an internet connection
Since the wave of demonetisation has hit the country leading to long queues outside ATMs/banks and scarcity of cash, Vijay Shekhar Sharma's
But, to take advantage of Paytm and its wallet services, one had to have a smartphone with an internet connection. And, in a country like India, where a majority of the population still doesn't have access to internet connection, that could be tricky. It effectively meant that a large chunk of people without an internet connection couldn't use the incredibly easy payment alternative that Paytm provides.
But, not anymore. As it turns out, the company has realised the vast number of non-internet users it has been unable to cater to and has as always, innovated and found a way to reach them, as well.
Paytm has announced a toll-free number 180018001234 to enable consumers and merchants without an internet connection to pay and receive money instantly & also recharge their mobile phones.
To use this service, as a first step, customers and merchants need to register with Paytm with their mobile number and set their 4 Digit Paytm PIN. They can then enter the recipient’s mobile number, amount and their Paytm PIN to successfully transfer the money from their
Naturally, this will empower millions of non-smartphone users to go cashless even without a smartphone.
According to Nitin Misra, Senior Vice President, Paytm, the launch of the new toll free payment number is a step forward towards the company's commitment to enabling more and more Indians to be able to transact digitally-with or without an internet connection.
Popular on BI
- Mayhem Studios announces a new battle royale game with locations, gangs and other elements depicting India
- Technique used to track ants’ movement might soon help scientists in measuring snow depth from space
- Three senior Twitter employees quit amid ongoing Musk-Agrawal internet war
- Indian CEOs could get the best salary hike in 5 years; and they already make ₹7 crore/yr on an average
- Vedantu follows Unacademy’s footsteps — fires over 600 people in May
- Delhivery IPO
- Reliance Retail
- Indian Rupee
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Disney+hotstar Subscribers
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Matheesha Pathirana
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction