'Handmaid's Tale' makes Hulu a major force at the Emmys for the first time with 4 nominations
A dystopian thriller based on Margaret Atwood's 1985 novel of the same name, "The Handmaid's Tale" has garnered universal acclaim from critics since its first season premiered in April.
The show is up for four Emmy nominations in the categories of best drama series, best lead actress in a drama series (for Elisabeth Moss), and best supporting actress in a drama (for both Ann Dowd and Samira Wiley).
Hulu received its first-ever nomination in 2014 for its sports series "Behind the Mask." Last year, the service had two nominations in variety special writing ("Triumph's Election Special 2016") and visual effects ("11.22.63"), but it lost both.
Hulu has never won an Emmy Award for its original content. Meanwhile, its streaming rivals Netflix and Amazon have had tremendous success at the Emmys with acclaimed shows like "Orange Is the New Black" and "Transparent," respectively. (Netflix has won a total of 55 Emmys, and Amazon's "Transparent" has alone garnered 24 nominations and 8 wins.)
Outlets have already speculated, however, that "The Handmaid's Tale" will be the show that finally pushes Hulu over the top for its first Emmy win, and this year it has four strong chances to do so.
In the category of best drama series, "Handmaid's Tale" will face off against AMC's "Better Call Saul," Netflix's "The Crown" and "House of Cards," HBO's "Westworld," and NBC's "This Is Us."
Elisabeth Moss is a critical favorite for the best lead actress award for her portrayal of the "Handmaid's Tale" protagonist, Offred. She will face off against several heavy-hitters, including Viola Davis ("How to Get Away With Murder") and Robin Wright ("House of Cards").
- Migration to other social media platforms shows no signs of slowing following Elon Musk's chaotic takeover at Twitter, report says
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- Best dinner set under ₹2000
- DroneAcharya AI IPO set to open next week on December 13; GMP at ₹25 per share
- Low pressure mounts over Andaman Sea, heavy rain expected to lash TN
- New Indian sustainable jet fuel technology could cut aviation emissions by 80%
- From digital shagun at a wedding to digital donation — unique use cases for Paytm go viral on social media
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Droneacharya Aerial IPO
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World