Has Aamir Khan Overdone Himself In Dhoom 3?
AdvertisementReports suggest that the much-awaited instalment of the
In 2006, the
Dhoom is perhaps the only movie series in India where the villain plays a far more significant role. He personifies style, is shamelessly wicked and yet manages to create a place in the hearts of the audience. Hrithik Roshan and
Now that Aamir is planning to step in their shoes, it is expected that he will take things even a step further and this is where the problem lies. All through the promos, we see Aamir trying out great bike stunts and even trying to do trapezes. Although Aamir has tried hard to build his body, learn acrobatics and has gone through a rigorous tap dance training as well, he does not essentially have the physique to carry out these things. The character of a villain that a Dhoom series demands does not suit Aamir’s physique and we are not just talking about his age or the six-pack abs here – we are referring to the full package.
It is too early to comment about his hanging-on-the-ropes kind of stunts, but his tap dancing (in the promos) does look a bit forced! Nevertheless, we do salute the kind of effort that the Khan boy has put into learning all these skills.
So the major issue that Aamir will face is to break away from that stereotype and try to get into the shoes of the ‘mean guy.’ While he has to be the one that is causing all the trouble for Jai (the tough cop played by
Apart from the Dhoom series, we have also seen
Moving over to the business part, Dhoom 3 must make at least Rs 300 crore at the box office to make a mark for itself. After all, the production cost of the movie is very high and it is releasing during the winter break when no other big releases are lined up.
In recent times, we have seen Krrish 3 manage to bring that kind of magic at the box office.
The TV rights of the movie have been reportedly sold for a whopping Rs 75 crore and a lot of cinema halls have hiked the ticked prices for this movie.
At a time when most movies are promoted heavily by the stars who riotuously visit the shopping malls and appear at various reality shows, Aamir has consciously stayed away from the conventional route. We will have to wait for a few more days to find out whether Aamir’s idea to stay away from direct interaction with the crowd and TV shows have paid off or not. However, from the leaked storyline and the current promos, we feel that Dhoom 3 does not have much to offer and it will only boil down to the last-minute chase.
Image Courtesy: Indiatimes.com
Popular on BI
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani