HBO's entire catalog of shows and movies is available as a Hulu add-on for $15 a month - here's how it works
Alyssa Powell/Business Insider
- Add HBO to your Hulu subscription for an additional $14.99 a month.
- It's the same price as HBO's standalone subscription service, HBO Now, but it's fully integrated into your Hulu app.
- The HBO add-on gives you access to HBO's entire catalog of shows and movies.
- Watch shows as they air live on HBO, or catch up on episodes you've missed.
- Entire series are available to stream including Game of Thrones, Succession, The Sopranos, Westworld, Sex and the City, and more.
Suddenly everyone around you is talking about HBO's Succession, and you're not sure why, but you know you're missing out and something has to be done about it. Since Game of Thrones ended, you lost touch with your old roommate whose HBO Go password you were using, and now it's been too long since you've spoken, so it would be weird to ask for it again. It may seem like you're destined to be out of the loop, letting yet another bastion of pop culture pass you by. But all is not lost.If you're a Hulu subscriber, you can add HBO to your account for $14.99 a month after the one-week free trial - the same price as HBO's standalone subscription service, HBO Now. But instead of having a whole separate app to manage, all of HBO's content is immediately integrated into your Hulu app. As soon as you toggle on the add-on, Hulu will start recommending HBO content it thinks you'll like based on your watch history.Advertisement
HBOCatch up on the second season of Succession with Hulu.
Not only will you be able to watch all of HBO's shows that are currently airing, like the much hyped Succession, you'll be able to watch them more or less live, with most HBO streams on Hulu available within minutes of the episode airing on cable. Exceptions include news shows like Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Real Time with Bill Maher, and a few others, but even those will be available within 24 hours. But you don't have to stress about having to be home to catch it live. Once the show's up on Hulu, it's available indefinitely. Which means you can catch up on past seasons or missed episodes, so you'll be ready to talk to your coworkers and pretend that you've been watching all along.You'll also gain access to nearly all of HBO's classic programming. Naturally, the entire catalog of Game of Thrones is available if you want to obsessively watch it on a loop so you've memorized every detail by the time the much anticipated prequel drops. If you want to diversify your binging, you can catch up on shows that are between seasons like Westworld, Big Little Lies, and Barry. Or you can revisit some of the classics that made HBO a household name like The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Wire, Sex and the City, and so many more.
Plus, we can't forget to mention all the additional movies available through the HBO add-on - HBO does stand for Home Box Office after all. Recent releases like A Star is Born, BlacKKKlansman, and Bohemian Rhapsody sit alongside nostalgic gems like The Mighty Ducks, Big Trouble in Little China, Beaches, and Notting Hill.Adding HBO to your Hulu account is as easy as going into your account preferences, clicking "Manage Plan," and then clicking the plus sign next to the HBO add on. Review your changes and then immediately start streaming HBO content from your smart TV, favorite streaming stick, laptop, or cell phone. Advertisement
If you're not a Hulu subscriber yet, and you'd like to know more about what Hulu has to offer, check out this extensive breakdown of services and pricing structures.
Once you're ready to start streaming, sign up for Hulu here.
Read more about Hulu on Insider Picks:
- 16 must-see Hulu original TV shows to add to your streaming queue
- The 17 best Christmas movies on Hulu you can stream right now
- A complete price breakdown for Hulu and Hulu Live TV packages - here's everything you need to know
- How to watch live TV on Hulu and how much it costs
- I pay $12 a month for the ad-free version of Hulu even though it costs twice as much as a basic subscription, and I have no regrets
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 100 online courses from Coursera are $0 now through May 31 - here's a list of all the classes open for free enrollment
- 195 healthcare workers at AIIMS tested positive for COVID-19 so far
- Suryoday Small Finance Bank raises Rs 62 cr
- US court dismisses anti-conservative bias suit against Twitter, FB
- Air passenger who took Bengaluru-Madurai flight tests positive for COVID-19