Healthcare CEOs take home some of the biggest pay packages in the world. Here's what the industry's top executives earned last year.
eff Roberson/AP; Toby Melville / Reuters; Stefan Zaklin / Getty; Merck; Yutong Yuan/Business Insider
- Healthcare CEOs are some of the most well-paid executives in the US.
- We took a look at the compensation packages of the leaders overseeing some of the biggest healthcare companies.
- Here's how much they took home in 2018, according to regulatory filings.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Leading a top healthcare company is a demanding job - and one for which CEOs are handsomely compensated.There's a lot that can come with the job title, from overseeing tens of billions of dollars in market value to testifying in front of Congress and finding ways to serve both shareholders and patients.Advertisement
We took a look at the compensation packages of some of the leaders overseeing the largest healthcare companies. Included in packages were salaries, stock, and benefits like retirement and other incentives.
The pay packages range from single-digit millions to north of $26 million. Here's how they stack up.
Allergan CEO Brent Saunders, $6,624,473
GlaxoSmithKline CEO Emma Walmsley $7,662,210Advertisement
Illumina CEO Francis deSouza, $11,067,566
Walgreens CEO Stefano Pessina, $13,542,260Advertisement
Anthem CEO Gail Boudreaux, $14,184,276
Bausch Health CEO Joseph Papa, $14,741,050Advertisement
AstraZeneca CEO Pascal Soriot, $14,780,288.24
Molina Healthcare CEO Joseph Zubretsky, $15,219,770Advertisement
Humana CEO Bruce Broussard, $16,312,517
Alexion CEO Ludwig Hantson, $16,490,250Advertisement
Eli Lilly CEO David Ricks, $17,230,337
Medtronic CEO Omar Ishrak, $17,585,131Advertisement
Merck CEO Ken Frazier, $17,643,087
UnitedHealth Group CEO David Wichmann, $18,107,356Advertisement
Amgen CEO Robert A. Bradway, $18,555,266
Thermo Fisher CEO Marc Casper, $18,607,103Advertisement
Cigna CEO David Cordani, $18,944,045
Pfizer's Ian Read, $19,549,213Advertisement
Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky, $20,111,045
AbbVie CEO Rick Gonzalez, $21,271,869Advertisement
HCA Healthcare's R. Milton Johnson, $21,419,906
CVS Health CEO Larry Merlo, $21,953,040Advertisement
Abbott Laboratories CEO Miles White $24,254,238
Gilead Sciences CEO John Milligan, $25,961,831.00Advertisement
Centene CEO Michael Neidorff, $26,122,414
- COVID crashed profit and Pidilite couldn’t fix it— yet
- There are five companies making Favipiravir now — and it is good for supply and prices
- Best 5,000mAh battery smartphones
- India's COVID-19 recovery rate rises to 67.62% and case fatality rate drops to 2.07%
- BCCI, Vivo suspend IPL partnership for one year, may resume next year