Heinz and Kellogg’s under scrutiny after Maggi #MaggiBan
AdvertisementAfter the Maggi scare, India’s food regulator
Sources say protein powders and energy drinks may also be tested for quality and ingredients.
The food regulator has apparently written to respective brands about issues with labeling of products like
The companies have been asked to furnish scientific evidence on the claims the products are labeled and marketed with. Food regulators apparently feel there may be misleading claims.
The source said a pack of Complan Pista Badam or
Another product under the scanner is Heinz's easy-to cook baked beans. The product's packaging apparently says it has low sugar, but the ingredients say otherwise. Kellogg's Oats and Honey is also under scrutiny.
The regulating agency and the health ministry have also asked states to constantly monitor packaged products and do regular market audits.
(Image credit: Indiatimes)
Popular on BI
- New Fund Offers explained – Should you bite the bullet or stick to the tried and tested?
- Bullish domestic markets push up Rupee to 83.37/USD
- No Monday blues: Sensex scales 70,000-peak for the first time; Nifty crosses 21,000-level
- Initial Public Offerings (IPOs)
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study