Here are all the 18 Indian firms featuring in the Forbes ‘best regarded’ companies
- As many as 18 Indian organisations featured in the annual list of the world’s best regarded companies.
- However, only three Indian companies — Infosys,
Tata Consultancy Services(TCS) and Tata Motors — made it to the top 50.
- Forbes labelled Infosys, which is now ranked third under ‘Asian invasion.’
- Other companies in the top 10 include Netflix, PayPal, Microsoft, Walt Disney, Toyota Motor, Mastercard and Costco Wholesale.
Yet only three Indian companies — Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Tata Motors — made it to the top 50.
On a global front, Indian organisations have been faring well, as compared to the ranks last year. Technology giant Infosys has crawled up to the third rank from 31 in 2018, preceded by global payments giant Visa and carmaker Ferrari. India’s most valuable company TCS has been ranked 22.
Addressing the positive growth of the company, Forbes labelled Infosys — which is the second largest software exporter in India — as ‘Asian invasion.’
Other companies in the top 10 include Netflix, PayPal, Microsoft, Walt Disney, Toyota Motor, Mastercard and Costco Wholesale.
India, China and Japan cumulatively account for 82 companies in top 250 of the global list. US leads the race with 59 companies.
Forbes, jointly with German statistics company Statistica surveyed over 15,000 respondents across 50 countries to assess the world’s largest public companies. The assessment was based on four parameters — social conduct, trustworthiness, product and services, and how they are as employers.
Here are the ‘best regarded’ Indian companies, according to Forbes
2. Tata Consultancy ServicesAdvertisement
3. Tata Motors
4. Tata SteelAdvertisement
5. Larsen & Toubro
6. Mahindra & MahindraAdvertisement
9. Piramal Enterprises
10. Steel Authority of IndiaAdvertisement
11. HCL Technologies
12. Hindalco IndustriesAdvertisement
14. HDFC BankAdvertisement
15. Sun Pharma Industries
16. General Insurance Corporation of IndiaAdvertisement
17. ITC Company
18. Asian PaintsAdvertisement
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry