Here are the 15 cars people love to keep for a long time - and they're all from Toyota, Honda, and Subaru
- Toyotas are popular with people who keep their cars for a long time.
- According to a recent study by iSeeCars.com, 10 of the 15 models people are most likely to keep for at least 15 years were made by Toyota.
- Honda and Subaru also had models that made the list.
View all Offers
- 20% OFF
Victorinox Nylon 65 cms Grey Softsided Check-in Luggage (605410)₹ 27713₹ 34640Buy On
- 62% OFF
Safari Ray Polycarbonate 77 cms Midnight Blue Hardsided Check-in Luggage (RAY 77 4W MIDNIGHT BLUE)₹ 3699₹ 9675Buy On
- 61% OFF
American Tourister Ivy Polypropylene 68 cms Black Hardsided Check-in Luggage (FO1 (0) 09 002)₹ 3069₹ 7900Buy On
- 47% OFF
Safari Duo 4W 58 cm, 68 cm and 78 cm Red Softsided Luggage Combo of 3₹ 11140₹ 21195Buy On
- 63% OFF
Kamiliant by American Tourister KAM Kiza Polypropylene 79 cms Black Hardsided Check-in Luggage (KAM KIZA SP 79CM - BLACK)₹ 3630₹ 9690Buy On
And the results are overwhelming. People really like their Japanese cars and, more specifically, Toyotas.Of the 15 cars people are most likely to keep for at least 15 years, 10 are Toyotas, four are made by Honda/Acura, and one is from Subaru.
That means all 15 models on the list are made by Japanese automakers."Japanese vehicles are known for their quality and reliability, which is reaffirmed by the results of this list," Ly said.On average, 7.5% of owners held on to their cars for more than 15 years. A handful of Honda/Acura and Toyota models managed to double that figure.
For the study, the automotive research firm looked at more than 750,000 cars, trucks, and SUVs from the model years 1981 to 2003. The firm analyzed sales of these used vehicles between January and December 2018 to see the percentage of sales by the original owner.Models with limited sample size, heavy-duty trucks, work vans, and those no longer in production were excluded from the study.
The results of the study are expressed in the percentage of original owners who kept their vehicles for at least 15 years.
15. Toyota Avalon: 10.8% of original owners kept the cars for more than 15 years.
14. Toyota 4Runner: 11.2%
13. Acura MDX: 11.4%
12. Toyota Camry: 11.5%
10 (tie). Toyota RAV4: 12.1%
10 (tie). Subaru Forester: 12.1%
9. Honda CR-V: 12.4%
8. Honda Odyssey: 12.6%
7. Toyota Tacoma: 13.4%
6. Toyota Sequoia: 13.5%
5. Toyota Tundra: 14.1%
4. Honda Pilot: 15.3%
3. Toyota Sienna 16.1%
2. Toyota Prius: 16.2%
1. Toyota Highlander: 18.5%
- Let budget bring resurgence, TN CM Stalin advises officials
- Tokyo Olympics: PV Sindhu bags bronze medal in women's singles badminton for India
- GST revenue collection for July rises by 33% with ₹1,16,393 crore
- Policy ignition: India's satellite navigation sector set for higher growth trajectory
- COVID-19 cases in Kerala are spiking due to good detection, better reporting and early easing of restrictions