Here are the ages you peak at everything throughout life
Aging can seem like a scary prospect, but a wealth of scientific studies have found youth isn't all it's cracked up to be. There are plenty of cases in which human beings peak well into middle- and old-age.
Teenagers, for instance, may have vitality on their side, but older people are generally more psychologically stable. And so it goes with a number of phenomena people experience as they age.
Skye Gould/Business Insider
Many of the above points mark the middle of an age range that scientists have identified, which means they are all determined by averages. Some are also surveys, not controlled trials, so there is a possibility the self-reports don't capture the most accurate picture.
But in many cases, the numbers keep cropping up for a reason, which is that life isn't a downhill slide from youth.
Here's what you have to look forward to.
Meghan Bartels contributed to an earlier version of this article.
- Mehmet Oz says he was 'exhausted' when he filmed viral 'Wegner's' gaffe, adding it's not a big deal because 'I've gotten my kids' names wrong as well'
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- This herb is the magic fertilizer needed to grow vegetables on Mars
- IPO frenzy returns as equity markets bounce back – ₹52,000 crore worth IPOs lined up in 2022 so far
- LIC Mutual Fund's large & mid cap funds offer 12.49% CAGR since inception
- Tencent fires 5.5K workers as sales down for 1st time since going public
- Centre to form panel to seek views on adopting universal charger model