Here Are The Breathtaking Pictures That Won National Geographic's 2013 Photography Contest
Julie Fletcher/National Geographic Photo Contest
More than 7,000 photographers from 150 countries submitted stunning images for this year's edition of the annual contest.
A panel of
The winning photos in each category will be published in an upcoming issue of National Geographic, and each photographer will receive a prize of $2,500. The grand prize winner overall receives $10,000 and a trip to National Geographic headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Contest rules required photos to be unaltered and in digital form.
National Geographic shared the honorable mentions and first-place winners with Business Insider.
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani