Here are the top 20 apps millennials like way more than other age groups do
Sean Gallup/Getty Images
And in Silicon Valley, popularity with young people is considered a sign that an app is destined for success. The thinking is that a hot app is like a hot band: the kids get ahold of it first (Snapchat got its start with teens, after all)
So which apps are hot with young people?
ComScore's recently released 2016 mobile app report tracked which apps had the highest concentration of "millennial users." Comscore defined the group as those 18-34 years of age (the firm did not look at users under 18).
The apps range from cashless payment options to games to, predictably, dating app Tinder. And there is even one that has a whopping 99% concentration of millennials.
Here they are:
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Durex takes down its latest social media post on the bus scene from Netflix’s Sex Education after internet users call it ‘insensitive’
- Three reasons why this might be a good time to buy Bitcoin
- Sony ZV-E10 vlogging camera with interchangeable lens launched in India
- US, India, Japan, Australia to sign pact for stepping up chip production, reduce dependence on China
- Here’s how to schedule an email in Gmail