Here come initial jobless claims ...
The weekly report on initial jobless claims is set for release at the bottom of the hour.
Expectations are for claims to total 278,000 last week, up slightly from the 262,000 seen the week before, which was one of the lowest readings for the measure in the last 40 years.This is the last piece of employment data we'll get before Friday's big jobs report, which is expected to show payroll growth bounced back in April after a disappointing March, with economists forecasting job gains of 230,000 in April. Advertisement
We'll be back with the latest claims figures when they cross.
- India's Railway Police station returns a man's wallet lost 14 year ago
- The largest AI language model ever created can think, read and write like a human — but it can mess up like a human too
- Mahinda Rajapaksa takes oath as the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka for the fourth time
- IN PICS: Devastating images of floods wreaking havoc in Karnataka, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh and Assam
- Are you a conservative investor? Here’s a list of some investment bets for you