Here come Intel earnings
Intel is slated to report its fourth quarter results on Thursday.The chip-making giant is expected to easily top its results from the same period a year earlier, when changes to tax law weighed down its bottom line.
- Q4 '18 revenue: $19.01 billion. In the fourth quarter of 2017, the company posted $17.05 billion in sales.
- Q4 '18 earnings per share: $1.17. In the same period a year earlier, Intel lost 15 cents a share.
- Q1 '19 revenue: $17.34 billion. The company saw $16.07 billion in the same quarter a year ago.
- Q1 '19 EPS: 96 cents. In the first quarter last year, it earned 93 cents a share.
The report comes as Intel is still searching for a permanent CEO. The company's former head, Brian Krzanich, resigned in June after Intel discovered that he'd had a relationship with a company employee, in violation of its policies. Since Krzanich's resignation, Bob Swan, the company's chief financial officer, has been serving as its interim CEO.In midday trading prior to Intel's report, its stock was up $1.83, or 3.9%, to $49.77.
Get the latest Intel stock price here.
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry