Here come Papa John's...
- Papa John's is set to report fourth-quarter earnings after Tuesday's closing bell.
- The report comes less than one month after the company received an investment from Starboard Value, the New York-based activist hedge fund.
- Starboard's chief executive was installed as the board's new chairman.
- Shares have fallen 27% over the past year, but are up 5% so far in 2019.
- Watch Papa John's trade live.
Papa John's is scheduled to report fourth-quarter and full-year earnings results after Tuesday's closing bell.
The report comes less than one month after activist hedge fund Starboard Value made a $200 million investment in the pizza chain, and installed its chief executive as chairman.Papa John's shares have been under pressure over the last year after its disgraced founder, John Schnatter, resigned as chairman in mid-2018. The company was also reportedly looking to sell itself last fall.
Here's what Wall Street is expecting, according to analysts surveyed by Bloomberg:
- Adjusted earnings per share (EPS): $0.18
- Revenue: $393.2 million
Shares of the pizza chain have fallen 27% over the past year, but are up 5% year-to-date.
- Papa John's is hopeful it can get Papa John on board with its recently announced Starboard deal
- GE's new CEO played a key role in unlocking a 'win-win' deal with Danaher
- A 'boxing match with the SEC is the last thing investors wanted': Here's what Wall Street is saying about Elon Musk's latest battle with the SEC