Here comes Goldman Sachs...
Goldman Sachs is expected to report fourth-quarter earnings later today, with analysts predicting adjusted profit of $4.53 a share, on a 19% drop in adjusted net income to $1.83 billion. It's also the first quarter of results for new CEO David Solomon.
Here are some other numbers to watch:
- Revenue: Analysts predict Goldman to bring in $9.5 billion in fourth-quarter revenue.
- Expenses: Analysts forecast non-interest costs of $5.2 billion.
- Institutional client services: KBW analysts are predicting a meager quarter for Goldman's trading business, with revenue of $2.3 billion. They expect just $752 million to come from the fixed-income trading desks, once one of Wall Street's top performers.
- Investment banking division: KBW analysts predict revenue of $1.8 billion, including $1.1 billion from advisory fees alone.
- Consumer and investment management division: KBW analysts predict $1.8 billion in revenue.
- Investing & Lending segment: KBW predicts revenue of $1.4 billion.
- SEBI issues procedural guidelines for proxy advisors
- Bandhan Bank promoter sells 21% stake to meet RBI norms
- Air India pilots allege blatant discrimination by management
- Reliance Industries and bank shares tumble and topple Sensex as bears look to clear the froth in the price
- Twitter plans 'Undo Send' button with paid subscription service