Here comes Goldman Sachs earnings...
Crains New York
- Goldman Sachs is scheduled to report first-quarter earnings on Monday.
Goldman Sachs is set to announce first-quarter results this morning, with analysts predicting adjusted earnings of $4.97 a share.Investors and analysts will be listening for updates about the ongoing company-wide front-to-back business reviews, if Goldman can outpace peers on the trading side, and if the firm provides any new information about its potential liability to the 1MDB scandal.
- Revenue: $8.98 billion
- Adjusted net income: $1.87 billion
- Expenses: $6.22 billion
- Return on equity: KBW analysts led by Brian Kleinhanzl expect average ROE of 10%.
- Institutional client services: KBW expects $3.66 billion in revenue from trading stocks, bonds, currencies and commodities.
- Investment banking: Revenue of $1.84 billion may come from advising on mergers, and underwriting debt and equity offerings, according to KBW.
- Investment management: The research shop estimates $1.65 billion in revenue will come from managing money for institutions and wealthy individuals.
- Investing & Lending segment: Another $2 billion in revenue may come from gains in equity and debt investments, and lending activities, KBW estimates.
Get the latest Goldman Sachs stock price here.
- Argentine Football legend Diego Maradona, 60, dead
- Bengal Minister Hakim likely to take part in Covaxin Phase-3 trial
- Headspace to offer unlimited access to students from IIT and IIM in India for six months
- Cyclone Nivar likely to cross coast tonight, TN CM declares one more day holiday
- Delhi's air quality deteriorates to 'severe' category due to slow winds