Here comes JPMorgan earnings....
JPMorgan is scheduled to release third-quarter earnings a little before 7am Friday.
Scott Olson/Getty Images
Here's what analysts are expecting:
- Revenue: $27.4 billion
- Expenses: $15.7 billion
- Adjusted net income: $7.67 billion
- Adjusted EPS: $2.26 a share.
- Net interest margin: 2.5%
- What to watch for:
- The outlook for loan growth, with higher interest rates potentially crimping demand for some products like mortgages.
- The final capital markets tally for the third quarter, and management's outlook for the end of the year, which will include the last few days' activity when stock markets tumbled.
- Details on the bank's expansion into new markets and recent launch of consumer-banking products Sapphire Banking (named after its successful credit card of the same name) and You Invest, the stock-trading app with free commissions.
- Net interest margins. While interest rates have been going up with the Fed's rate hikes, the yield curve has remained flat. That keeps a lid on any expansion in bank lending margins.