Here comes the Baker Hughes rig count ...
Oil driller Baker Hughes will release its weekly count of oil and gas rigs just after 2 p.m. ET.
The oil rig count fell for a seventh straight period last week, by 4 to 328. That marked the lowest rig count since October 2009.
The combined count of oil and gas rigs declined by 5 to 415, marking a new record low for the series since it began in 1947.
The series has collapsed in the wake of the most recent oil decline that started almost two years ago. Oil prices have rebounded this year by nearly 40%, however.
Ahead of the rig count data, West Texas Intermediate crude futures were down 1% and near $46.20 per barrel in New York.
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Bill Gates says political polarization 'may bring it all to an end' and could even lead to a civil war
- To beat the traffic of Bangalore, you can now book a 12-minute helicopter ride
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000
- Oracle’s MySQL Heatwave is now available on Amazon Web Services