Here is the complete information of 23 projects that defence ministry is taking up under Make in India initiative
The 23 projects that the defence ministry is taking up under the ‘Make in India’ initiative has 13 for Army, six for Navy and four in Indian Air Force’s fold.
This is for the first time such a transparent modus operandi has been followed by the ministry of defence.
The 23 projects will allow participation of all categories of companies including MSMEs – participation of a sector that the government wants to encourage under Make in India. A host of projects, however, are for the big and medium players, sources in the ministry said.
While the order for these 23 projects may not be very big and is estimated to be in the range of around Rs 2500-3000 crore in totality, the same is being viewed as an important step by the Indian government and is also the first of the lot after the announcement of the new Defence Procurement Policy (DPP) 2016.
Moreover, some of these projects were earlier not open for private participation and were either manufactured by defence PSUs, ordinance factories or the demand was alternatively being met from imports.
“Under the ‘Make in India’ initiative of the government, a list of potential ‘Make’ projects has been identified by the Service Head Quarters (SHQs) in consultation with the other stakeholders in the ministry. These projects are being contemplated to be undertaken as per category Make-I or Make-II of new revised Chapter-III on Make Procedure of Defence Procurement Procedure-2016,” a brief from the defence ministry stated.
We bring to you the complete details of these 23 projects.
(Anupama Airy is the Founder and Editor of EnergyInfraPost.com and DefenceAviationPost.com. She can be reached at email@example.com, Twitter handle: @anupamaairy)
(Images: Indiatimes, India defence news, Wikipedia, imgur.com, defence forum india, etimg, marine engines, Reuters)
- Dr Pepper forced to give $100K prize to BOTH contestants after boos erupt following odd tie-breaker at SEC championship halftime contest
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- ChatGPT is a new AI chatbot that can find mistakes in your code or write a story for you
- Sensex, Nifty50 open in the red amid negative global cues – TVS Motor, Adani Enterprises, HDFC among stocks to watch out for
- The science behind selling a dress to an Indian woman, according to the CEO of Latin Quarters
- All except three Indian sectoral indices have outperformed their US counterparts in 2022 so far
- Best bike helmet under ₹1000
- Best dinner set under ₹2000
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Droneacharya Aerial IPO
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World