Here's a handy trick to keep your iPhone from making noise when you plug it in
Every time you plug in your iPhone, it makes a noise - either a soft chime or the sound it makes when it vibrates.
Even if your iPhone is in Do Not Disturb mode, or you have it in silent mode, it will still vibrate. That's often enough to wake some people up, perhaps your partner, if you're plugging in your phone late at night.
There's no way to turn this off. But Mac Kung Fu found a brilliant workaround that will let you charge your phone noiselessly.
Simply put your phone in camera mode before plugging it in. You don't have to take a photo - just press the home button to return to the lock screen.
If you have the latest version of iOS, opening camera mode from the lock screen is easy. Simply swipe left, like so:
NOW WATCH: How to use your iPhone as a WiFi hotspot
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns