Here's a handy trick to keep your iPhone from making noise when you plug it in
Every time you plug in your iPhone, it makes a noise - either a soft chime or the sound it makes when it vibrates.
Even if your iPhone is in Do Not Disturb mode, or you have it in silent mode, it will still vibrate. That's often enough to wake some people up, perhaps your partner, if you're plugging in your phone late at night.
There's no way to turn this off. But Mac Kung Fu found a brilliant workaround that will let you charge your phone noiselessly.
Simply put your phone in camera mode before plugging it in. You don't have to take a photo - just press the home button to return to the lock screen.
If you have the latest version of iOS, opening camera mode from the lock screen is easy. Simply swipe left, like so:
NOW WATCH: How to use your iPhone as a WiFi hotspot
- Apple is hiring engineers and interns for their tech team in India
- Actor James Michael Tyler, known for his role as Gunther on 'Friends,' has passed away at 59 from prostate cancer
- Apple is being sued by a San Francisco man for $1,383.13, the exact cost of his iPhone 12. He says the company refused to fix the device while it was under warranty.
- Dream11's latest campaign features Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant, Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, and Shikhar Dhawan
- India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant set sail from Kochi for its second sea trial
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Nobel Peace Prize winning journalist calls out Mark Zuckerberg, links Facebook to the atom bomb
- Reliance Jio lost subscribers for the first time in 10 quarters but there's good news for Mukesh Ambani in this too