Here's A Very Interesting Picture Of Edward Snowden On A Boat In Russia
A new photo of Edward Snowden shows him on a boat in Moscow with the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour in the background.
The scene is fascinating given the quizzical look on the 30-year-old's face, which raises the question of who took the photo.
It appears that Sarah Harrison, a WikiLeaks advisor who has reportedly been with Snowden since he was in Hong Kong, may be standing to his left. But that's unclear because the woman is not looking at the camera.
Snowden's Moscow lawyer, Anatoly Kucherena, told LifeNews that Snowden will soon begin working for an unnamed Russian website.
Kucherena, who is employed by the Kremlin's security services, added that Snowden enjoys walks around the capital - where he lives is also a mystery - and that his Russian language skills are getting better.
On August 1 Russia granted Snowden temporary asylum, which Kucherena said gives him "the same rights and freedoms possessed by the citizens of the Russian Federation." It can be renewed indefinitely.
Snowden flew to Moscow on June 23 after reportedly spending several days in the Russian consulate in Hong Kong.
During that time WikiLeaks founder Assange had convinced Ecuador's consul in London to provide a document requesting that authorities allow Snowden to travel to Ecuador via Russia "for the purpose of political asylum."
Ecuador's president subsequently said the document was "completely invalid," stranding Snowden in Russia.
Ray McGovern, a former CIA officer who recently visited Snowden's apartment, said he had to pass through metal detectors before the meeting and that the former CIA technician appeared to be attended by some kind of official Russian security detail.
- Abnormal surge in natural gas prices is hurting tea sector, says North Eastern Tea Association
- Google and Samsung join forces to help Android developers sync fitness data between apps seamlessly
- Elon Musk responds to a user saying he and his wife are bots as Twitter drama continues
- Mandate spinning mills to declare cotton, yarn stocks, requests Tamil Nadu Chief Minister to PM Modi
- WhatsApp beta reveals rich link previews to display link details in status updates