Here's A Video Of Obama Playing Soccer With A Humanoid Japanese Robot
After stopping at a fancy sushi restaurant in Japan, President Obama went to Tokyo's Miraikan Science Museum to kick a soccer ball with Honda's Asimo humanoid robot.
Asimo recently got a suite of upgrades to make the robot more human-like (we profiled them here). Asimo is being developed with the aim of one day being an everyday robot that helps people out around the house.
The Wall Street Journal reports that President Obama called Asimo's soccer skills "pretty impressive" and even described the robots as "a little scary. They were too lifelike."
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts