Here's A Video Of Obama Playing Soccer With A Humanoid Japanese Robot
After stopping at a fancy sushi restaurant in Japan, President Obama went to Tokyo's Miraikan Science Museum to kick a soccer ball with Honda's Asimo humanoid robot.
Asimo recently got a suite of upgrades to make the robot more human-like (we profiled them here). Asimo is being developed with the aim of one day being an everyday robot that helps people out around the house.
The Wall Street Journal reports that President Obama called Asimo's soccer skills "pretty impressive" and even described the robots as "a little scary. They were too lifelike."
- Gold and silver jewellery to get a lot more expensive
- Indian tycoon Gautam Adani has abandoned a $2.5 billion fundraising effort in his latest setback following a short seller attack on his business empire
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the green amid positive global cues: Adani Enterprises, SBI Life, HDFC Life among stocks in focus
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life