Here's Everything Google Knows About You
Google is extremely open about what data it stores and makes it very easy to delete that data, but many people still don't realize exactly what's being stored, whether that information is given freely or deduced based on your searches.A recent survey by the company Survata actually showed that the 2,500 respondents were more concerned about Google having access to their personal data than the NSA, their bosses, their parents, or their significant others:Advertisement
In case you need the reminder...
If you have location history turned on, Google will track where you go.
Google will also track your search in a bunch of different categories if you have Search History turned on.Advertisement
It was actually pretty interesting to see what ads I've clicked on.
Google can serve you interest-based ads because it has a bunch of data about you, including your age, gender, languages you speak, and what it thinks your interests are.Advertisement
Some of my interests were on-point, but others felt pretty random. Dictionaries and encyclopedias?
Google also keeps track of what devices you use and when you were last active on them.Advertisement
Wanna know how many emails you've ever sent or contacts you have? Google keeps track of that too.
Ditto with your Google Talk contacts and purchases through Google Wallet.Advertisement
Google stores what apps use your info.
Now, for a different side of things...Advertisement
- It only takes 50 tweets to find a troll on Twitter
- Best neckband headphones for a rich audio experience
- India’s first private player to successfully test a homegrown rocket engine is on track for its first full rocket launch by 2021
- Hiring is on a slow rise in India, but the numbers are nowhere close to pre-COVID levels
- Microsoft confirms Xbox Series X to launch in November