Here's everything the modern gentleman needs to know about buying a flattering pair of pants
Pants are one of the most difficult items a guy has to buy.
The reason is simple: Men don't actually know the terminology they need to get exactly what they're looking for.Fortunately, that can be fixed with a little bit of sartorial knowledge. From leg opening to fly style, we've covered everything you need to know to buy the perfect pair of pants.Advertisement
The term "rise" refers to the distance between the top of the pants' waistband and the crotch.
The zip fly has largely overtaken the button fly in popularity, and it offers a quicker and easier way to close your pants. Here are the benefits of each:Advertisement
For the front of a pair of pants, there are two options: pleats and flat front.
When it comes to the cut or fit of a pair of pants, there are three options: slim, straight, and relaxed.Advertisement
"Break" refers to how the cuff of your pant leg drapes over your shoe. There are three main options for how your pants should break.
"Leg opening" refers to how tight the pants fit around your ankles.Advertisement
BONUS: Suspenders have gone in and out of fashion throughout the 20th century. Today they're quite rare, but can appeal to the man looking for a vintage-inspired ensemble.
- Bengaluru Police arrests 60 more people 'for their role in riots'
- Unscheduled transit flights cannot land for specific hours at Delhi airport on Aug 15
- This new test to diagnose Covid-19 in just 20 minutes
- Twitter celebrates India's 74th Independence Day with a new emoji
- UGC final year exam guidelines — The wait gets longer, Supreme Court to decide the final verdict on August 18