Here's exactly what to expect from the new Apple TV's hardware
Mark Gurman of 9to5Mac just posted a report that gives a detailed overview of what will be included in Apple's new streaming box, and here's a look at some of the newest details.In terms of hardware, the Apple TV will have:
- More storage than its predecessor. Gurman says the new model will offer 16GB of storage rather than 8GB. It's unclear if there will be an 8GB model as well that's priced a bit cheaper than the 16GB.
- A more powerful processor. The new Apple TV will run on Apple's A8 chip, which is the same one that powers the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. That's a big jump from the much older A5 single-core chip that powers the current Apple TV.
- A new remote with a different color. We've heard in the past that the new Apple TV will have a revamped remote control with a touchpad, tactical buttons, and a microphone for Siri requests, but Gurman's latest report says it will also come in a new color. Rather than the traditional silver, the new Apple TV remote will come in a dark gray or black color to match the box's new look.
- The same ports as the current version. The next Apple TV will include a power plug, an HDMI port, and a USB port, according to Gurman. It won't support 4K video playback, although Apple's upcoming iPhones are rumored to support 4K video capture.
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry