Here's how easy it is to install an ad blocker on your iPhone
The latest version of Apple's mobile operating system, iOS 9, lets users download ad blockers to block ads from appearing on mobile websites. That's causing publishers to freak out because they could see a big loss of revenue if lots of their readers on iPhones start blocking ads.
Business Insider/James Cook
Ad blocking isn't actually available to everyone right now because iOS 9 is still in beta. But anyone with a recent iPhone or iPad can download the beta release of iOS 9.
We signed up to test an early version of an ad blocked called "Freedom." The apps aren't available in the App Store yet, but developers are signing up handfuls of users to test them.
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Personal trainer Kelsey Wells' protein-packed go-to smoothie is a 'meal in a cup' that tastes like cookie batter
- JioCinema breaks world record with over 3.2 crore viewers during IPL final
- Nifty, Sensex now at 'reasonable valuations' but midcaps, small caps and financials still have some juice left
- Sensex, Nifty50 rise in morning trade led by FMCG, energy and auto stocks
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038