Here's How Groot And Rocket Raccoon Look Without Visual Effects In 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'
While Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista star, Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper will lend their voices to two scene-stealing characters, a larger than life tree-like creature Groot and feisty raccoon, Rocket.
You'll see the two in the film like this:
However, behind-the-scenes here's how Groot and Rocket actually look while filming:
Polish actor Krystian Godlewski wore a motion capture suit to give the physical cues for Groot and provide a model for actors to look at while filming.
Yes, that is a bust of Groot's head atop a motion-capture suit.
Director James Gunn's brother Sean filled in for Rocket Racoon.
You can also spot Sean Gunn in the film as Kraglin, the sidekick to Michael Rooker's character Yondu.
In the film's production notes, executive producer Nik Korda explains how the duo's motion capture performances helps the final CG versions of the characters come together.
"It's very important for the animators to see a real-life person performing in the right lighting environment, on the right set, to see how they move, their reach, and so on," says Korda. "Even though it is Sean down on his haunches, it gives us all a sense of the attitude, and Krystian gives us a sense of Groot's lumbering movements, which help create the animated performance."
Special effects makeup designer David White also made two life-sized versions of Rocket Raccoon along with a bust of Groot as aids for visual effects and lighting.
"The reason the filmmakers wanted these is because they take them onto the set and they put them in little chairs and they put them next to the doors and it gives them a good indication of where visual effects needs to pick up and whether Rocket can actually reach certain things or use certain devices," explains White. "Also they offer them up to the camera at the end of the shot and it just gives them an extra little hint of the lighting because they're actually painted exactly as they want."
Where can we get one?
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- RBI hikes repo rate by 50 bps, taking it to a three-year high of 5.9% – Das says inflation at ‘alarmingly high levels’ across jurisdictions
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World