Here's how much sneaker styles have changed over the last century
Our obsession with sneakers is nothing new. Since the inception of the Chuck Taylor in 1917, sneakers have been a part of the American consciousness.
They're now more popular - as well as more adventurous and varied - than ever before. Pop Chart Lab, a two-person collaboration between a graphic designer and a book editor, has decided to distill over 98 years of sneaker history into the 134 most important styles, all rendered in a beautiful graphic.
From 1917 until today, here's a look at how the styles of the most popular sneakers in America have evolved over time.
You can buy the chart on the company's web site.
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May