Here's how Netflix's record-breaking nomination numbers stack up to the other networks and platforms
On Thursday, the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences shared the annual list long-awaited by television industry professionals, networks, and - more recently - streaming services. But this year's list was slightly different from the ones they've seen for almost two decades.
For the first time in 17 years, HBO didn't take the crown for the most nominations of any platform, and to rub salt in the wound, it was a streaming service that took its place.As this chart from Statista shows, Netflix's 112 nomination put it in first place, with three more than runner-up HBO and four times as many as the next leading streaming service, Hulu. Last year, Netflix was behind HBO by a full 20 nominations.
Jenny Cheng/Business Insider
- Best screwdrivers for your tool drawer
- Mumbai local railways ready to open suburban trains for all commuters
- Andhra Pradesh government allows schools and colleges to reopen from November 2
- Three people killed, several injured in a ‘suspected’ terror attack in France
- Maruti’s revenue rises 10% as car sales increase but high commodity prices dampen profit