Here's how the cofounder of LinkedIn starts every dinner meeting
Hoffman doesn't explicitly explain why he chooses to conduct his dinner meetings this way. However, based on Lemann's description of Hoffman's conversations, this practice makes it so that the conversation accelerates over the course of the meal rather then disintegrating. Lemann writes:Hoffman's dinners gain altitude and velocity as they go on. It's not about the food and drink. He is on a perpetual diet and seems barely to notice what is put before him. The conversation provides the stimulus: the grander the ideas, the more voluble he becomes.
NOW WATCH: Google's self-driving car has a huge problem
- Best 32-inch monitor in India in 2021
- Delhi government allows reopening of bars, public parks and gardens from Monday
- India to hold two-day BRICS meet on Green Hydrogen initiatives
- SEBI asks PNB Housing to halt ₹4,000 crore preferential issue of shares
- Word Music Day 2021: Importance, history, memorable quotes and how to celebrate it during a pandemic