Here's how the other Twitter cofounders reacted to Jack Dorsey becoming CEO
Dorsey was the company's first CEO, from 2007 until he was fired by the board 2008. Now, he's back as the CEO again, while continuing to lead another major tech startup, Square.
How did the other founders react to Dorsey's return?
In a blog post, Williams seemed less than excited. The post is titled "Why I'm glad Jack is back at Twitter," but Williams only devotes a couple sentences to Dorsey:
I honestly didn't think we'd land on Jack when we started unless he could step away from Square. But ultimately, we decided it was worth it.
Williams has some bad blood with Dorsey. Williams was the founder of the company that turned into Twitter (Odeo), had more shares than Dorsey, and is usually cited as the driving force who got Dorsey fired in the first place so Williams could take his place. But according to a profile of Dorsey in the New Yorker, some insiders believe that Dorsey used his position on the board to oust Williams in 2010, and replace him with Dick Costolo. Costolo resigned in June of this year, paving the way for Dorsey's return.
Stone was a little more positive - at least he managed a "Yes!"
3/ as I step off the board, two reminders: those banging pots and pans outside Twitter know the least about what's going on inside Twitter- dick costolo (@dickc) October 5, 2015
4/ and @Twitter, there is only one narrative that matters and it's the one you'll create for the world.- dick costolo (@dickc) October 5, 2015
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Meet Parag Agrawal, the IIT Bombay grad who is taking over from Jack Dorsey at Twitter
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock doubles after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries
- In India, less than one in every 10,000 jabs have led to serious adverse reactions — not necessarily due to the vaccine
- After taking us on a nostalgia trip by featuring 90s stars like Rahul Dravid and Jackie Shroff in its ads, CRED is back at it again, this time with Chacha Chaudhary and Suppandi